Elliptical Concrete Pipe
Elliptical Concrete Pipe, in the horizontal position, can be used for minimum cover conditions, or where vertical clearance is limited. Vertical elliptical pipe can be used where a smaller trench width is needed and provides higher flushing velocity under minimum flow.
Elliptical Concrete Pipe is used for the following:
- Storm drains
- Underground stormwater retention structures
- Pedestrian undercrossings (vertical elliptical)
- Jacked or tunneled installations
Elliptical Concrete Pipe is normally available in circular diameter equivalents of 18 inches through 144 inches. Joints
The following joints are normally available for concrete pipe:
- Tongue and groove for packing, preformed mastic, butyl gaskets
- Single-offset joint with profile rubber gasket. (Contact local sales rep for details.)
(Note that tongue and groove joints with mastic or mortar are not intended to be watertight, but to keep silt or soil from passing through the joint. Gasketed elliptical pipe is not available in some markets. Please contact your Forterra representative.)
A variety of linings and coatings are available as dictated by project conditions.
ASTM C507/AASHTO M207 — Reinforced Concrete Elliptical Culvert, Storm Drain and Sewer Pipe